Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wednesday's Wonderful Women

During my life I have been blessed with many good friends, and a few wonderful friends. Jen is one of the wonderful friends. We have known one another for a long time, having met through church. She was my daughter's leader at church for many years. ( We have daughters the same age). We just started talking and have never stopped. We are very different from one another and at the same time we have so much in common. The most important thing is that we are Sister's in Christ. Jen has had more impact on my spiritual walk than any one else. Almost daily she feeds me insights into God's word and helps me to use these insights in my everyday living. She is one of the most compassionate people I know, with a very gentle heart. Jen is also very giving. She comes up with projects for us to do to help others all the time. I am very inspired by her and love to do these projects with her. Currently we are making pajama bottoms to send to needy children along the Amazon. She is also a lot of fun as you can tell by the picture. This is her yesterday at my 50th birthday party. She has totally dressed for the occasion. Jen gives the best gifts. We both love vintage linens and household things, and she is very good about sharing when she finds treasures. We both love M&M's and she shares these also. I count Jen as one of my blessings and I am so grateful God has put her in life.

1 comment:

sweetpralinemadness said...

Jen looks like she just stepped out of 1950's. She's adorable and I love that apron she has on.

I found you on Aunt Ruthie's Pie Sista's site. Your blog is adorable....