Monday, June 8, 2009

Birthday Party

I had a party last week to celebrate my 50th birthday. I invited all the ladies from my Tuesday Bible Study group. This is Jen and me posing for the camera.(I'm the short one)
I made all the decorations myself. I used scrapbook paper to make hats and place cards. The cards had quotes about friendship. I also made treat bags with lemon cookies inside.
I served chicken salad as the main dish with plenty of fruit on the side.
There were 15 women at the party. I cannot say how much it meant to me that these ladies came to celebrate with me. My girlfriend Barb even planned her trip here from Arizona to be at the party. Actually the party was her idea.



The women were very generous to me. Just being there was really enough.

This was by far the best birthday. Turning 50 doesn't matter, it's just a number. Having friends and family to celebrate with is what's important.

1 comment:

Miss Liz said...

Friends and family are so important. Being far away from them has definately shown me how much they add to my life. That party looks like so much fun, Happy Birthday!