Friday, May 1, 2009

Making Plans

I've started making the plans for my 50th Birthday party. I am having it on June 2, in my backyard. This party is for my girlfriends from my Bible Study group. We normally meet on Tuesdays so it will work out great. I am having a picnic theme, but I want it to be very girly.
I am making hats like I see in the artsy blogs and decorating with garlands and lots of flowers. I want to serve chicken salad and fresh fruit. I think we will have iced tea and lemonade to drink. Apple pie and brownies for dessert as served at all good picnics. I have been buying vintage aprons to use as part of the invitations. I still have to work out the actual card. And I want to bake lemon cookies as favors. I still have to figure out what to put on the labels for the cookies. I love planning parties, picking the foods and making all the decorations. I haven't had a party in a very long time, and it has been 10 years since I have any sort of party for my birthday. I am really looking forward to each step on my journey to 50.

No comments: