Thursday, August 27, 2009

Pumpkins


This is one of the biggest pumpkins I've ever seen. It is already too heavy for me to lift. I was able to turn it a couple weeks ago, but I can't do anything with it now.




Our little pumpkin patch has exploded! I had no idea the leaves were so big! Someone told us the vines will follow the sun. Well the sun must be in the trees because our vines have started to climb the tree and there is actually several pumpkins growing in the tree. I am going to keep them there until they start to get heavy. I think it's so funny.

2 comments:

Pauline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pauline said...

Hi, Becca - I'm a Sugar Pie Farmhouse Sista, too! That's where I found your great little blog here. I just had to chuckle at the pumpkins in the trees! I'm trying to raise pumpkins, too, this year - hope you get a bumper crop!

Blessings - Pauline (aka "Sunflower4jc" on SPFH)

PS - Had too many typos the first time around, so I deleted it and tried again! LOL!!